New project management articles published on the web during the week of July 12-18, 2010. We read all of this stuff so you don’t have to! Recommended:
- Vivek Shrivastava’s latest weekly post, Making Matrixed Work.
- Richard Morreale on The Soft Skills Required To Be a Great Project Manager.
- Ty Kiisel reminds us of the American ice hockey team that won the 1980 Olympics, in his Building a project dream team: Lessons from Herb Brooks.
- A global study reveals the key pitfalls of outsourcing. It’s probably no shock that risk management leads the list.
- From The Times, in South Africa: Margaret Harris on when warnings fall on deaf ears.
- Chris LeCompte offers 11 ways to prevent angry clients from destroying your project.
- Kathlika Thomas holds forth on maintaining IT project morale.
- Lonnie Pacelli on ten truths of an effective project sponsor/project manager partnership.
- Bruce McGraw invokes Vito Corleone, before asking “Can you facilitate your way to project success?”