New project management articles published on the web during the week of August 2-8, 2010. We read all of this stuff so you don’t have to! Recommended:
- Dr. Lynda Bourne writes that value is in the eye of the stakeholder.
- Ty Kiisel posted an article relating teaching fly fishing to teaching project skills.
- The Project Management Podcast has a couple of book review interviews this week, courtesy of the Los Angeles chapter of PMI. I dare you to listen to Cornelius Fichtner’s intro without thinking of Roddy McDowell!
- Sometimes, projects have to be terminated. Kiron Bondale talks about closing out a project marked for an early end.
- Projectmanager.com announced a new release of their SaaS offering, which now includes extensive resource management features.
- Michael Taylor writes about systems (or “strategic”) thinking in project management.
- John Reiling offers seven tips toward a more effective virtual team.
- Thursday Bram has a nice article about web2Project, the open source project management solution.
- Lonnie Pacelli has a cautionary tale about the consequences of not involving the right people from the beginning.
- Thomas Stevens writes about the reasons management might have for adding an external project management consultant to a project team.
- Dr. Cynthia West has an interesting article on the rise of SaaS project and portfolio management solutions.