New project management articles published on the web during the week of September 20-26, 2010. We read all of this stuff so you don’t have to! Recommended:
- Andy Makar offers five actions for PMO’s to help project managers, and five actions for project managers to help PMO’s on his Tactical Project Management Blog.
- PMI has recognized Brenau University as a Registered Education Provider for their on-line MBA in Project Management program.
- Ann All writes in her blog on IT Business Edge about the ITIL initiative at Cook Children’s Health System in Ft. Worth, Texas.
- Loraine Lawson writes about a recent survey that identified integration as the top issue for improving project management. She also includes a link to a summary report.
- Demetrios Gianniris offers ten sure-fire ways to ensure project failure. Uh, thanks, Dude.
- Mark Chagaris posts an extract from an article written by Jason Scott. Jason argues that too many organizations are re-branding their current “practices” under some new label, rather than embracing change. Definitely worth the read, and Mark would like our comments.
- Ben Snyder offers some suggestions for keeping stakeholders’ expectations realistic and the atmosphere collegial.
- The PMI Community Post has a link to a special price for Cynthia Stackpole’s “A User’s Manual to the PMBOK Guide.” During the month of October, PMI members will be able to buy the paperback edition for only $48.
- Also in Community Post is a summary of an article by Susan L. Adams and Vittal Anantatmula on how self-identifying drives how an individual will contribute to a project team. The article is in the September, 2010 issue of Project Management Journal.