New project management articles published on the web during the week of December 24 – 30, 2012. Dave and Sandra read all of this stuff so you don’t have to! Recommended:
- James Clements talks about why sponsors demand aggressive deadlines and how to address those that are not realistic.
- Michael Stanleigh steps through how organizations can successfully prioritize and align projects to overall strategy.
- Susanne Madsen posits that the more quality questions you ask, the more successful your projects will be and gives us 16 essential questions to for our toolboxes.
- Samad Aidane continues his series on tailoring Agile practices for use in enterprise-scale system integration projects.
- Peter Saddington shares an infographic on Agile coaching and development jobs. It looks like 2013 will be a year of opportunity for those with the right experience.
- Soma Bhattacharya interviews trainer, author and project manager Jeff Furman.
- Tristan Wember shares a few tips on how to motivate your team.
- Penelope Trunk lists 15 things that over-achievers do. For one thing, they make lists – really long lists.
- Rosalind Baker shares some of her favorite blogs, including this one! Thanks for the tip of the hat, Roz!
- Kelsey van Haaster took up chess to get his mind off his day job as a business analyst. Bad move, Kelsey …
- Bernardine Douglas thinks we should include project communications in our lessons learned review.
- Chuck Morton continues his series on scheduling, with resource leveling.
- Lynda Bourne helps us tailor communications for top stakeholders with a mutuality matrix.
- Bruce Benson quotes Apple CEO Tim Cook, and advises us to find a higher purpose.
- Shim Marom shares his predictions for 2013. “#3: No politician will confess to being incompetent.” Yeah, why go out on a limb, if you don’t have to?