Last September, Australian blogger Shim Marom rounded up eighty project management bloggers, and got us all to publish a post on the same topic, at the same time, in a coordinated effort. It was dubbed The PM Flashblog, and we even collected the blogs into an electronic book, available for download. Now: Welcome to the second round of the PM FlashBlog! Over fifty project management bloggers will each release a post about their view of project management, as practiced in their part of the world. Beginning with North America, then followed by Europe and Australia, bloggers will post their articles each Monday at 01:00 GMT for several weeks, until we have gone around the world.
The following blogs were posted as part of the Second PM FlashBlog, Week 1: North America.
- Toby Elwin shares the state of project management at the hub of the world (we know it as Boston).
- Rich and Dave at Earth PM give the update from New England, through a green lens.
- Naomi Caietti reports from Northern California, with a special emphasis on helping women succeed in project management.
- The Practicing IT Project Manager (me) gave the view from beautiful, ever-evolving Las Vegas.
- Ivan Rivera reported on the challenges of managing projects for local municipalities in Mexico (in English and Spanish).
- Michel Dion told of how an accidental project manager pursues excellence in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- Mark Phillipy, who organized this PM Flashblog, gave us the state of project management maturity in Spokane, Washington.
- Cheri Essner lives near Toronto, but she gave an excellent overview of PMI’s activities across Canada.
- Robert Kelly dialed in from Raleigh, North Carolina to give his analysis of project management as a function, as an opportunity, and as a discipline.
- Glen Alleman came down from the mountains of Boulder, Colorado to reiterate the five core practices and processes of performance-based project management.
- Don Kim closed out this round from Los Angeles, California with his view of the project-based entrepreneur, or intrapreneur.
Next week, we’ll get the project management news and view from Europe. Stay tuned!