- Chuck Cohn points out three cloud-based collaboration tools that you might not think of as project management apps.
- Chloe Green gives us an overview of what’s happening in cognitive computing, and how business will benefit from natural language processing.
- Soma Bhattacharya interviews Samad Aidane on how neuroscience research is producing insights into human behavior with significant applications to project management.
PM Best Practices
- Kailash Awati describes an alternative to the entity – relationship “search for objective truth” approach to data modeling, based on emergent design principles.
- Glen Alleman notes that project management includes adjustments to the plan, throughout execution of the project.
- John Goodpasture addresses the question of when we need to re-baseline our project schedule.
- Elizabeth Harrin reviews Mark Phillip’s new book, “Reinventing Communication.” It sounds like his scientific approach might not be workable outside the laboratory.
- Craig Brown created an interesting diagram of actions and feedback, starting with “Something bad happens.”
- Andy Jordan cites a case study in what happens when a sponsor stifles a creative approach to delivery.
- Phillip Smith contemplates Kaizen, which means more than just “Good change.”
- Nick Pisano continues his multi-blog contemplation and conversation with me on finding a lingua franca for project management data.
- Kerry Wills reminds us not to get too comfortable with our understanding of the issues and risks we see in our projects.
- Pat Weaver outlines the challenges of comparing failed projects, or even conducting a root cause analysis.
- Michael Lopp suggests that interruptions introduce a greater cost in lost productivity than the financial savings of an open office.
- Ryan Ogilvie uses the metaphor of a sieve to talk about identifying the issues that should drive your service strategy.
- Johanna Rothman considers the relationship between optimism and success at implementing Agile methods.
- Don Kim argues that Agile is based not on iteration, but recursion. You can say that again …
- Vandana Roy gives us a detailed comparison of Scrum, Kanban, and Scrumban.
- Shivakanth Velishala defines DevOps, and describes the three pillars that support continuous delivery.
- Alistair Croll returns from Las Vegas (thanks for supporting our economy!) with insights on how wearables and the Internet of Things will rely on Big Data.
- Lance Ulanoff reports on a personal robot, funded by Kickstarter, which may be under your tree for Christmas. The face resembles ice queen Elsa, with a new hairdo. Let it go …
- Lyndsey Gilpin forecasts 2015 developments in renewable energy: generation, storage, and utilization, as well as changes in the business itself.
- Christopher Romani looks at trends that will affect federal government acquisition and program management in 2015.
- Kevin Korterud looks all the way out to 2025, to envision what PMO’s will be like ten years from now.
Podcasts and Videos
- Cornelius Fichtner interviews Frank Parth on the PM lessons learned from mega projects. Just 21 minutes, safe for work.