- Gary Lea raises the legal and ethical question: who is accountable when artificial intelligence does something harmful? This isn’t just a Dilbert story line!
- Paul Pelletier addresses the proper response when you observe bullying in the workplace.
- Art Petty explains the manager’s responsibilities when bullied by an employee.
- Stilgherrian looks ahead, to when the Internet of Things has massive installations of unsupported code, security exploits abound, and the world is your data center.
- John Goodpasture contemplates old court cases and dead horses, and finds verities amongst the balderdash.
- Matthew Squair maintains that the mid-flight explosion of shuttle Challenger resulted from a failure of engineers to communicate the nature of the risk.
- Allen Ruddock provides an example of the milestone leveling technique.
- Harry Hall follows up on a recent article listing 40 reasons PMO’s fail, with ten risk strategies for preventing PMO failure.
- Aaron Smith summarizes the key points of a recent Gartner Group report on ensuring the relevancy of the PMO.
- Mike Girdler explains the difference between continuous improvement and innovation, and why one might be more important than the other for your organization.
- Kevin Coleman uses the example of 3D printing to explore the need to continually evolve business strategy, in order to deal with what’s happening in the larger business environment.
- Mike Cohn examines an iterative approach that is still just waterfall in smaller chunks. Old habits die hard!
- Johanna Rothman contrasts the different roles of the project portfolio management team and the product owner team.
- Zoltan Csutoras advocates what he calls the “one piece flow” as a technique to reinvigorate the daily stand-up. Limiting work in progress can be the key to getting to done!
- Damián Buonamico recommends a Kaizen board as a visual tool to correct the pathologies identified during retrospectives.
Work Isn’t a Place You Go
- Patti Gilchrist addresses the growing demand that project managers be knowledgeable of a specific domain.
- Bruce Harpham ties together several of his earlier posts on managing your career, with some insights into earning that next promotion.
- Bruce Benson reflects on the choice of either training your own people or hiring new people with the needed skills.
- Patricia Goh lists the reasons for actually using your vacation time.
Video Podcasts from Agile 2015
- Dave Prior interviews Mike Vizdos and Michele Sliger at the Agile Alliance Video Podcast booth. Just 7 minutes, safe for work.
- Dave Prior interviews Esther Darby. Just 23 minutes, safe for work.
- Dave Prior interviews Scott Ambler on Agile Data Warehousing and Disciplined Agile Delivery. Just 29 minutes, safe for work.
- Craig Smith and Renee Troughton join a round table of podcasters and other attendees. Just 40 minutes, safe for work.