- Swadhin Mishra and Preeti Jain give us their insights picked up while working on large transformation projects for global organizations.
- Steven Levy finds eight lessons for project managers in new movie, “The Martian.”
- Karina Keith shares two cool graphics on strategic planning. The first explains the What and Why; the second, the How.
- Bob Kreha identifies teamwork lessons from an old fire-fighting technique: the Bucket Brigade.
- John Goodpasture recommends another good read on managing across boundaries.
- Bruce Harpham explains how to develop business acumen.
- Cesar Portillo provides a slightly academic explanation of organizational change management, as a contributor to project success.
- Ryan Ogilvie recommends testing your disaster recovery plan, both actively and passively.
- Elizabeth Harrin shares three haiku with a project management theme, to celebrate National Poetry Day.
- Bob Tarne presents a “mapping” view of users stories, to help prioritize in a big picture
- Esther Derby points out the environmental factors to consider when assessing improvements to team performance, following training.
- Samantha Webb explains how her distributed Scrum team manages product backlog refinement, using defined acceptance criteria and a definition of ready.
- Mike Cohn reviews considerations for processing items left undone at the end of a sprint.
- Lynda Bourne tries to find a balance between SOP’s and agility.
- Bart Gerardi continues his series on organizational agility, with an article on cultural agility.
Agile + Data = The Future
- Nancy Couture gives us a lessons-learned from applying Agile methods to enterprise data management.
- Nick Pisano reviews Neil Killick’s self-diagnostic, Are You Doing Agile Software Development, and the potential of Knowledge Discovery in Databases principles.
- Lisa Morgan points out the bear traps in data governance, and how to avoid them.
- Liane Davey explains why some issues should be addressed in a deep dive meeting, rather than a regularly scheduled team meeting.
- Art Petty casts a critical eye on managers who complain about the Millenials. The problem isn’t with them, any more than it was with the Boomers 40 years ago.
- Bruce Benson sees learning opportunities in the California drought: reducing waste lets you get by with less – a lesson for every project.
- John Buchanan explains two of his three key principles to effective coaching. He’ll get back to us on the third …
Work Isn’t a Place You Go
- Miriam Souccar gives us insight into the choice to live in one city or country and commute to work in another.
- Kerry Wills reminds us, “Be yourself: everyone else is taken.”
- Suzanne Lucas reports on very public abuses of the H1-B visa program.