New project management articles published on the web during the week of December 13 – 19, 2010. We read all of this stuff so you don’t have to! Recommended:
- Joseph Flahiff writes about scope management in Agile projects, and the difference between project management and product management.
- Clifton Hill reports on a presentation given by outgoing PMI President Greg Balestrero, where he stressed the need for excellence in project management of socially conscious and “green” projects.
- Linda Tucci writes about lighter-weight SaaS project management applications, and how they fit in with the future predicted by the recent Gartner Group 2011 prediction report on project and portfolio management.
- For those Linux users out there, Jack Germain does a quick review of three “primo” open source project management applications.
- PMI’s Career Central offers an inside look at an advanced project manager’s resume, with comments from a career coach and a senior managing consultant at Career-Resumes.com.
- Dave Nielsen writes about enterprise risk management, and how an organization’s appetite for risk is related to the “best practices” espoused in the PMBOK.
- Dick Billows offers his insights into creating a work breakdown structure, and admits that micro-management works some of the time (but not most of the time).
- Brad Egelend offers his list of what you should cover in the kickoff meeting, in parts one and two.